Top 3 Ways to Take a Screenshot on a Chromebook!
For Chromebooks, taking screenshots is definitely different from taking them on a Mac or PC. In this simple and straightforward guide, we take a look at the detailed instructions for taking pictures on a Chromebook!
How do you take a screenshot on a Chromebook? (2022)
In this blog post, we’ll focus on three different ways to easily take screenshots on a Chromebook.
METHOD 1 – Use a keyboard shortcut to clip on your Chromebook
Unlike Windows computers, there are no numeric function keys such as F1 or F2. Therefore, you need to familiarize yourself with the unique keys on your Chromebook, which are located in the top row of the keyboard.
To immediately take a full screen screenshot on your Chromebook, press CTRL + Show Windows and take a screenshot. To take a snapshot of a specific part of your Chromebook, press SHIFT + CTRL and the Show all open windows button. Now simply click and drag the cursor to capture a specific area as a screenshot on your Chromebook.
This will print the screen on your Chromebook. Yes, we know! There’s no dedicated Print Screen key on a Chromebook, but the keyboard shortcuts above are equivalent to Windows for taking screenshots.
Where can I find screenshots on a Chromebook?
To find screenshots taken on your Chromebook. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open the launcher. Located in the lower left corner of your Chromebook screen.
- Now select the Files icon below the search bar.
- At this point, you will be able to see File Manager.
- Navigate to the Downloads folder to see all the screenshots you took on your Chromebook.
METHOD 2 – Use the screen capture tool to capture screenshots.
In this solution, we’ll focus on a built-in feature that allows users to take a screenshot on a Chromebook. This tool helps users take pictures and capture video screens. Start. Here’s what you need to do:
- Tap the clock on the taskbar in the lower-right corner of the screen.
- This will open the Quick Settings panel on your Chromebook.
- In the Quick Settings panel, simply scroll to the upper-right corner and click the arrow icon. This expands the setting categories.
- Now find the Screen Capture icon and click on it.
- The Screen Capture utility starts. You need to click the Camera icon to take a screenshot on your Chromebook. You will be able to take pictures in Full Screen, Partial Screen or Specific Window mode.
And it is done! This way, you can easily capture an image on your Chrome book without any hassle. If you don’t want to use the help of the built-in feature, try another solution shared below!
If you’re interested in How do I upload a screen to my Chrome book with audio? You can follow all the necessary steps in this article!
METHOD 3 – Use the stylus to take screenshots
If your Chrome book supports stylus input, use the stylus to take screenshots. To use the stylus, follow the instructions below:
- To take a full screen picture with the stylus paired with your Chrome book, simply tap the pen icon on the taskbar and select – Capture Screen.
- Once you do this, a screenshot will appear in the lower right corner of the screen. It will be automatically copied to your inbox. You also get the ability to edit or delete the screenshot without any hassle.
- To take a screenshot of a specific area of the screen with a stylus paired with your Chrome book, simply tap the pen icon on the taskbar and select – Capture Area.
- At this point, you need to use the stylus to select a specific area to capture on your Chromebook.
Once you’re done, you’ll be able to edit or delete the screenshot to suit your needs and preferences.
And it is done! Here’s how to take a screenshot on your Chrome book. We hope this simple guide has helped you complete your task. If you know of any other relevant method that can help you take a screenshot on your Chrome book, share them with us in the comments section below!